To install the USGIN CSW Client, take the following steps:
- In a web browser of your choice, navigate to the following web location:
- Download the 2nd version of the CSW Client application archive (CswClient_v2.rar)
Using a software application of your choice, extract the contents of the .rar archive.
- Though Windows 7 lacks native support for .rar archives, the application 7-Zip is fully capable of extracting .rar archive content; additionally, 7-Zip is versatile, lightweight, and free-and-open-source. 7-Zip can be downloaded from the following web location:
- Open the CswClient_v2.esriAddIn file you extracted from the archive
- A dialogue box will appear (Figure 2); click Install Add-In
Figure 2: The ESRI Add-In Installation Utility
A dialogue box should appear indicating successful installation.
To continue this tutorial, click the links below.